Welcome

Saturday, December 11, 2010

About Have you ever noticed how most Texans refer to their home state

Have you ever noticed how most Texans refer to their home state?
in my experience almost every Texan I know only refer to it as; "THE STATE OF TEXAS" And I have stayed and worked in Corpus Christi for near a year twice. While I was there I got around as well. lolz
Polls & Surveys - 5 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
secretly they are thinking. "The Country Of Texas"
Answer 2 :
In 1836 Texas won its independence from Mexico and became an independent Republic. It wasn't until 1845 when it joined the United States as the 28th state. The mindset is they were already independent and hope to stay that way. The thing is that the state was swallowed up like the rest of the surrounding land for the sole purpose of human expansion and progress.
Answer 3 :
I never noticed, but I'll be listening for it now!
Answer 4 :
Yep...I live in Austin, TX and have lived in Texas all my life. It's been my experience that we Texans are probably the most proud of our state more than others for some reason. There is alot of Texas pride everywhere we go here...it's inescapable.
Answer 5 :
Texas was stolen from Mexico so initially they had an inferiority complex. As the Mexicans and American Indians were replaced w. Anglo Saxon settlers they coped with being taken over by conspiring w. the settlers to agree that they were in the biggest and best State. Then along came Alaska, micro electronics and compact cars! Somewhere along the line they missed the bible/life class that taught that 'pride' was/is one of the deadly sins.
Read more other entries :