Welcome

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

About How do I break my lease without hurting my credit in Texas

How do I break my lease without hurting my credit in Texas?
I have an opportunity to move back to San Marcos for work but I just moved to Corpus Christi to start my own business and I now know it was a bad idea. My gf and I agreed to moving back but we are concerned with all the penalties and do not want our credit damaged. How can we get out of the lease as painlessly as possible?
Renting & Real Estate - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've done it. Make an appointment with your landlord. (In my case I had to move due to an emergency - not because it would be nice). The landlord made an agreement. I pay for her advertising to find a new tenant and I have to show my own apartment - taking time off from work to show the people. I also had to keep the apt immaculate and paid for shampooing the carpet. We found a new tenant. All I had to pay was the 2 weeks until they moved in and took over the lease. /
2 :
Breaking a lease is expensive. You will need to speak to your landlord to find out what the penalties will be. Most landlords require 30-60 days written notice while you continue paying rent. You are then charged 2-3 months rent plus administrative fees in one lump sum as penalty for breaking the lease early. That's a lot of money to throw away. You should seriously consider whether it's worth it to move now
Read more other entries :